Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Saturday was DIY Natural Day. I made up a batch of laundry detergent, 2 batches of dish detergent, and made some felted wool balls for my dryer. Using my Michael's coupon to buy more wool today.

I started cleaning out the guest room in anticipation of my friend's daughter staying with me when she tries out for UC Boulder's music program. She has a beautiful voice and music talent inherited from both of her parents. I haven't seen her since she was 3.

Yesterday, I used a Big Deal from Angie's List to have the furnace cleaned, water heater drained and cleaned, and all the sinks and toilets checked. The anode rod was so corroded it looked like a piece of coral so that was replaced. I spent an extra $45 to finally get the inards of the basement toilet switched to new parts. He got those parts in there a lot faster than I would have. The cost would have been $99 if I didn't have the parts. So, moral of the story, buy the parts as my toilet kit cost less than $30. My furnace was very dusty and the smell the furnace released afterwards was horrid. Pulled all of my Yankee Candles out of the closet and got them lit all over the house.

Found some old beef in the freezer. I threw it in my little crockpot to cook all day. In the evening, I shredded it and let it cook until bedtime. I then put it in the refrigerator overnight. After I skim the fat off, I'll put it in a soup pot with some beef broth, celery, carrots, and barley. Homemade beef barley soup. Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment