Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Today I venture into the world of blogging. If anything, to get out there all the stuff I've been doing in my sewing room and my kitchen. The sewing room was quiet this weekend, but the kitchen was not. On Friday I made cookies and then a loaf of beer bread.

I made three loaves of beer bread. The first loaf I substituted the salt for garlic salt and added oregano, Italian seasoning, and parsley. The idea for the second loaf came from my friend Sarah. Once again I  substituted the salt for garlic salt and also added rosemary and Parmesan cheese (fresh, not the kind that comes in a green can). The third loaf was inspired by my mother's cardamom rolls. I added two teaspoons of cardamom. All three loaves were delicious. Sarah graciously took two half loaves home with her.

This weekend I also visited the Pompeii exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. The frescoes were so lovely. I took a picture of the Viking knit necklace, but my cell phone takes horrible pictures. The emotional part was the plaster casts of impressions of people and animals that were buried alive in the volcanic ash.

No comments:

Post a Comment